Radisson Blu Hotel, 301 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL
Wednesday 8 February 2017, 16:30-19:30
The Open University in Scotland and Scottish Water are delighted to invite you to the twilight seminar: Business Legitimacy – Staying on the “right” side of public opinion – and how to avoid controversy.
This free event will be of particular interest to those in middle or senior leadership positions, in the public or private sectors, with an interest in influencing and maintaining internal and external, credible relationships.
Ever questioned what makes your business legitimate, or thought about how you navigate your business through challenges when its legitimacy is questioned? Want to stay on the “right” side of public opinion when facing adversity?
This highly thought provoking seminar will enable you to reflect on those complex questions in your own work environment and to share with others who have wrestled with the same dilemmas.
For more information, including details on how to register, please visit The Open University Business School website.
During our webinar, we explored issues of legitimacy in an organisational context and shared insight into the pharmaceutical industry, as a real life example of why legitimacy is so important for businesses.
WATCH THE WEBINAR
Our webinar panellists included Dr Björn Claes, Senior Lecturer in Operations Management at the OU Business School and Sonia Siraz, International Fellow at the OU Business School. The webinar was facilitated by Peter Wainwright, OU MBA alumnus and Business Consultant at Askyra Ltd.
Please share your views and comments about our business legitimacy event or topic by following us on Twitter @OUBSchool #OU_BP
You are invited to join the latest Business Perspectives ‘Business Legitimacy’ roadshows entitled ‘Staying on the “right” side of public opinion… and how to avoid controversy’; commencing at 18:00 until 20:15 with networking drinks and canapés reception afterwards on the following dates:
- Wednesday 11 May 2016 in Dublin at Croke Park Conference Centre
- Thursday 19 May 2016 in Munich at The Hilton Park
- Thursday 26 May 2016 in Manchester at The Hilton Deansgate
We are especially delighted to announce Dr Björn Claes, Senior Lecturer in Operations Management at The Open University Business School (OUBS) will lead a highly interactive workshop to engage and debate.
Keynote guest speakers will be:
- Dublin – Marc Sweeney, Thorntons & Partners Director, Thorntons Group
- Munich – Andreas Klugescheid, Head of Steering and CSR, BMW
- Manchester – Lucy Hinds, Head of Facilities, Covance
Facilitators will be:
- Dublin – John Darcy, National Director, The Open University in Ireland
- Munich – Paul Heardman, Consul General Munich, British Council
- Manchester – Jim Yates, Director Fulcrum Management Limited
In the interactive workshop we will explore the issues of legitimacy in the organisational environment and activities will include:
- Identify legitimators as evaluator
- Identify legitimators as evaluees
- Devise legitimation strategy from differing perspectives
During the event we will also cover maintaining legitimacy through CSR strategies.
To book and for further information, please visit our event website pages for Dublin, Munich, Manchester. Please note, places are limited.